Friday, March 26, 2010

The house

The house has been taken up my time for the last two or three weeks. Every available moment has been spent thinking, working or cleaning the house. We have made some amazing strides but we still have some work to do.

I'm really liking the look of the house. It is coming together and I'm pretty optimistic about it selling and selling for what we want. I'm also pretty excited about some of the houses we've been seeing. There is a house (I'm sure it will sell before we could make an offer) but if we sold our house for what the Realtor is expecting then we could mortgage 75-85k. Some people have that much debt in just their cars!! AND the typical car loan pays in 60month or 5 years and we would be able to pay off that house in a little over 5 years. THAT IS EXCITING!

It actually makes me want to work harder to get it paid off faster. I can't imagine the feeling of knowing that you don't have a house payment. In fact the total amount of money we'd pay in interest in 5 years on that mortgage would be about the same as what we would pay in 1 1/2 years at our current house. This is exactly why we've chosen to sell.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, because I know things could change quickly and I am well aware of what the Bible has to say about a man's plan and the way he thinks is good. But I can imagine the opportunities that we could leverage for the kingdom being completely debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment