Wednesday, March 31, 2010

AHHH THE HOUSE!!

DISCLAIMER: Mostly when I say the words, I, ME, WE, OUR I am referring to myself and my wife. We have both been working hard on the house and sometimes it was difficult to see progress.

Every time I start a post I start it with, "Ok, so" then I have to go back and reword the sentence to make sure I don't always start my blog entries with, "Ok, so."

Anyway[see reworded :-)], so part of making 5k go along way to making a house nicer means you do most of the work and OMG!! I'm tired of "working" on this house. I'm delirious! I don't even know if I want to sell the house or burn it down.

BUT and I know I've said this before, we're getting close. The garage will be completely painted and trimmed and caulked by tonight's end. If there is any daylight left the front porch will also be painted and maybe I can start on touch-up painting in the house.

That will put an end to 3 of the last 12 items to do. I can't wait for that day, I haven't worked out in 2 1/2 weeks and I have a 10k (ugh) race in 3 weeks. Most people just say I have a 10k RUN or 10k but to me it is hard to separate the fact that I'm running, I like to win (although I rarely have a real chance) and there are other people (unsuspecting) running the race for me to beat. If I can't workout HOW am I going to beat them?!?

Anyway, we hope the house sells fast. 1 day, although the sales person in me knows that if it sells fast it was most likely under priced, at this point I don't care. IF it doesn't sell, it wouldn't be the end of the world. The house looks nicer, and it will be complete. NO LINGER projects!!

It has inspired me to create a new rule for myself. One that most people would probably thing should be an axiom for any project. TO FINISH IT!! I have a bit of a problem with that, I know, I don't hide it but things are looking nice and I like that feeling of completion.

Here's the list of things to be completed NOT including packing up & cleaning:
1.) Paint 3 interior doors
2.) Replace 1 side of door casing on 2 doors
3.) Touch-up/clean baseboards & door casings
4.) Touch-up paint kitchen cabinets
5.) Paint bathroom vanities
6.) Finish painting garage/side of the house/backdoor trim
7.) Touch-up living room ceiling
8.) Replace 4 air vents
9.) Purchase and Replace stove
10.) Repair fascia on porch
11.) Install over oven Microwave
12.) Lots of cleaning and Packing (Ok I included it just not in detail)

Completed items:
1.) Dry in garage
2.) Replace rotted siding on house and garage
3.) Replace rotted trim on garage
4.) Replace kitchen sink
5.) Replace kitchen faucet
6.) Replace dishwasher
7.) Purchase over oven Microwave
8.) LOTS of cleaning and packing (thanks to my wife)
9.) Replacing rotted railing on porch
10.) Rack leaves in front bed
11.) Mow & fertilize front yard
12.) Repair windows
13.) Paint living room ceiling
14.) Remove linoleum in guest bath
15.) Remove rotted vanity in guest bath
16.) Replace all ceiling fans
17.) Install recessed light in bathroom
18.) Install shelving in Laundry Room
19.) ??

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but you get the gist, we've done a lot.

And here's a cute post about Mayzie and Her Best Friend

1 comment: