Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Dreaded Key #1 Workout (Intervals)

OMG!! Have I complained enough about interval workouts? They are really really hard. I don't ever remember them being this hard. I'm starting to think that maybe I do need to eat more carbs. I don't know, what it is but man these are hard. Maybe I'm just trying to go to fast.

5 x 1k (400m RI) @ 5:55min/mile... geez it just about killed me and the thing is it doesn't sound all that hard. It is a 5k with 1/4 mile rest intervals. How hard can that be? Yeah right...

The first one is hard because you're legs are used to the pace, but Heart Rate was low and the interval passes fast enough, but it is still hard. The rest are just hard because your body just went into shock from the first interval. Sometimes I wish I was just a coach and could force people to do these workouts and then enjoy their success without really doing any hard work.

Anyway, it is over but I'm dreading next week's interval already.

No comments:

Post a Comment