Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vacation

OK I took a vacation, I didn't mean to but work go in the way and I was forced to conceed my workouts. HOWEVER!! I am back to work this week, although I did miss a spin class I wanted to go to yesterday. Today I had a difficult and easy workout. It was 10min warmup @ 8:30 pace and 3 x 1600m @ 6:18min/mile pace. It wasn't too bad, they were fast enough to get your heart rate up and start to make you feel the pace but 1 mile goes by quick at a 6:18min/mile pace and I had 400m of rest interval and given that it was only 3 it made it feel easy... er. Average heart rate was 148, max 181 , 558 calories, 4.5 miles in 36 mins which included the 1 mile warm-up at 8:30 and the RI @ 8:30 and a cool down. Not bad... not pro, but not bad.

I think I'm about as ready as I can be for San Antonio 13.1, it is going to be a tough race because I haven't been consistent in running at all. 7:30 is going to be my goal and I'll need help from my running group.

No comments:

Post a Comment