Thursday, December 10, 2009

Big Business

So I met with the Agents for the piece of land I want to build a miniature golf course on. I was plenty nervous but after a few minutes the nerves were calm. The whole thing went really good, I had a lot of questions they answered, I got a good feel for what they want and they got to ask me a lot of questions about what I wanted. It was a good meeting; before, this whole idea was abunch of e-mails, and business plan words and excel spreedsheet numbers. I guess it is similar to looking at houses on-line, it only gets you so far, but when you actually go with your realtor to see a house it really helps define what you want and/or what you can afford.

So I think I've firmed up my decision for where I want the course, now I need to find an design/construction company to design everything and get me a number that I can get financing for. It would be really helpful to have 100k right now, I don't think I need it but if I had 100k of liquid cash this whole thing could start happening next week.

Part of doing this thing will require us to sell our house, which is no big deal emotionally for us, but it is a lot of work and some money and then there is the question of where will we live? A lot of change but I am convinced this is a great opportunity especially with the way the market is.

No comments:

Post a Comment