Thursday, December 17, 2009

Business as Usual


Ok so I've been really spending probably too much time on this business thing. I have made a bunch of spreadsheets, with all sorts of formulas. They are really cool, you can change one field and about another dozen fields updates how the changes effects your profits.

Change and employees pay or hours and BAM! the 20 things update related to the bottom line. Update the price per sq-ft for the land or building costs and BAM! you can see how it effects the bottom line. Ok you get the point it is fun and since I love numbers it is really fun.

BUT here is what I've realized... this thing could have positive cash flow from day one. It should be a gold-mind of potential earnings. It should easily pay for itself and then some. My estimates is that we could pay off the mortgage in as little as 4 years but by 10 years by conservative estimates.

Of course there is always some kind of problem, not everything can be rosy. This is really best with 100k to 200k investment. It will work with just the measly 50k I have but I would like something more guaranteed so 150k is perfect. It is almost fail-proof with that in ital investment.

Cue the doubt! Now what do I do? Risk 50k for something that should still work but be more vulnerable? Find an investor who is going to want 50% ownership or more of the business? Oh, what to do? What to do? What to do?

If you want to invest, I was thinking of selling shares at $50 a piece. I'm estimating the minimum annual dividend would be between 1-3%. The great news is according to miniature golf course owners, the potential could be as high as 69% per year!! Based on their projected gross revenue. The really bad news is, just like any business it can fail.

20 shares ($1000) would get you 1% ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment