Friday, December 4, 2009

Whew! That wasn't so bad afterall


Ok so I was kind of worried about the recovery time for having my gall bladder taken out. I don't know if the Doc was just not telling me the full story in June but he told me that I could be down for one or two few days. I could be back to training for 1/2 Ironmans and triathlons in no time in less than a week.


BUT this time around he said 3 weeks, prefaced by you're in good shape so maybe a little less. That's a radical change if you ask me, and one that is much longer than I really wanted to even if I don't really have time for training right now.


Good news!! Today I feel good, my bell button (where they pulled out the gall bladder) is the sorest part of me. I've eaten my normal breakfast, played with the baby and did some work from home. Now I'm just waiting on wintery weather, that I'm starting to get skeptical about. It is 8am and above 37 degrees and all the precip is off to the far Southeast.
I want to take my wife for all the support she gives me!

1 comment:

  1. Well I rather be thanked than taken, but whatever is fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete