Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Burnout

I can't tell if I'm burned out or just not getting enough sleep.

I don't want to run, in fact I avoid running. Even though every time I finish running, I feel great and my times were better than I expected, I still can't muster the desire to run. This morning I was supposed to run 400, 600, 800, 1200, 800, 600, 400 (with a 400m rest interval) all of the target times were with a pace 5:45 to 6:30min/mile. I didn't run it, and I almost talked myself out of running all together. BUT I started warming up and talked myself into running 5km so that I could at least say I ran. It started off really slow 8-8:30min/mi and it felt like every bone in my legs were hurting. But after 1/2 mi things were warm and I was in the mid 7's and the heart rate was hovering in the upper 150's. I felt great and by the end of the 5km I was running in the lower 6's with the HR in the upper 170's. I had lost a little since my wife had the baby and I pretty much quit training, but I was very happy with today's effort. I easily held the 7 min/mi pace and kept thinking about how good I felt. My avg HR was 156bpm. I should have done the interval workout. I still can't believe I'm going to attempt to run 62miles. That still sounds stupid!

I've been eating really well, but I haven't been tracking it well. Need to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment