Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ah running

So yesterday I didn't get to do my run workout like I said, I went home instead and ate lungh with D'Lane and Mayzie. It was way better than a hard interval workout and man are those key#1 workouts tough. Physcially yeah, but 30 seconds into the rest interval and my heart rate has dropped 20bpm it is the mentally tough part that is hard to shake. It is easy just to run 5 miles but to train to run fast, interval workouts have to be the hardest there are. I guess it helps train your body and mind to suffer during a race but gosh I wish it was easier to learn to suffer. I'm sure there is something spiritual in there, but my brain doesn't connect the two easily.

Having said all that, I ran at the 5:45 pace today and had the thought, I should bump up my inteval speeds. :-) I love running fast, I love running faster than everyone or at least running up front with the fast people. I want to be fast.

Missed the swim workout this morning, but it is alright swimming is turning into my strong sport. I haven't ridden my bike in months.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, life is easier when there is not suffering, but the suffering somehow makes the rest so much sweeter. Run fast, my handsome husband, run fast!

    ReplyDelete