Friday, September 18, 2009

Glad that's over

Yesterday was supposed to be my Key #2 workout for week 17 BUT I just got into the hot tub and sat there for 20 minutes. It was nice, I did feel guilty for not running because I have this stupid 100k race coming up, but it was nice.

Last night, I learned than a guy I ran x-country with in high school fell into a creek bed and suffered a head injury. It was a good runner in high school, ran in college and finished 10th in the Austin Nike+ 10k. The one Lance Armstrong finished 7th in. So needless to say again, he was fast and was a good runner.

SO today I forced myself to run because I knew that he was laying in a hospital and I wasn't. He would love to have been running and right now he is on life support. It wasn't pretty but I finished my 5 miles run with a slow 7:45min/mi pace @ 159 avg BPM. It was a 725kcal effort which is good, I need to get rid of some of this fat I picked up from 10 weeks of inactivity.

I need to remember I'm forunate enough to be healthy, live under freedom, have money and great family. God has given me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment