Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making Progress

Ok so today I woke up at 5am hit snooze, woke up at 5:15 and hit snooze. The baby woke up and the same time and forced me to get up. I didn't want that help but I'm glad I didn't miss another workout.

I've been really trying to cut back on carbs and eat more protien to lose the weight I've gained and I think today I finally saw some of that benefit. I've lost about 1.25lbs! I'm down to 158.6 which is a far cry from the 151.3 I was the weekend the baby was born but progress is progress.

Also, I stopped running in the mornings because the workouts are really mentally tough and after being forced out of bed at 5am my mental toughness isn't there by the time I get to the gym. So the quality of the workout suffers. Instead I started doing my cross-training which is still tough during the moment.

90 lunges w/ 20# bar
40 crunches
40 pushups
40 pushups on incline
40 tricep dips

I do 4 sets of 10 for everything except lunges which are sets of 15 without a break. It makes it pretty challenging plus it is a quick workout. At lunch I'll do my interval run workout and report how it went... here it is to ponder. I'm already dreading it... but the half-marathon is in a little over 6 weeks. So I need to get serious.

1200m @ 6:15
1000m @ 6:10
800m @ 6:05
600m @ 6:00
400m @ 5:45
200m @ 5:15
with 200m rest interval between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment