Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some Background and The Goal

So just to give you an idea about me, I am 29 years old with a 2 1/2 month old baby. I'm married and have a great wife who is despite what she thinks very good at endurance sports. I love trying new things(hobbies) especially things that would make most people think I'm crazy. Sometimes

A few years ago I was at home sick with a cold and flipping through the channels when I came across the Kona Ironman World Championship on the TV. It was the year (2006) that Jon Blaise could not compete in the IM and after watching this I felt inspired to push myself and complete an Ironman. So I started training, since then it has become a lifestyle. I've started eating better, exercising sometimes several hours a day and wishing my job had a shower so I could ride my bike to work everyday.

I should also mention that I hate doing something just to do it. I want to be good at it, and be competitive. My goal has always been to qualify for Kona, but I like the 70.3 distance and want Clearwater.

Here's what I've done so far:
2 - 10k's
5 - Sprint Triathlons
1 - Marathon (although I didn't finish because I hurt my foot)
1 - 1/2 Ironman (The baby was born the day I was supposed to complete the 2nd 70.3)

Here's what's coming up:
1/2 Marathon (November 2009)
100k Trail Race (January 2010)
The Rookie Tri (May 2010)
Buffalo Springs 70.3 (June 2010)

This blog will record my training, what I eat, and just general thoughts about the whole experience. I have self-diagnosed myself with ADD so if I don't post for a few days, don't give up I've just got distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment