Monday, November 23, 2009

Saturday's 10k

Wow! I'm really outta shape... where it effects me the most is mental toughness. I virtually have none. I know I can run 6.2 miles... I did it at the half-marathon just a week ago.

So I set out to once again try and hang with my more consistent friend for as long as I could in the race. I managed a little over half-way and then decided to take a break. At that point in time I waited for my wife who was walking with our baby and told her she could run while I walked with the baby. Our jogging stroller was given to us but our baby is still way to small for us to really use it for running so one of us needs to walk.

She ran until we were on the same lap and then we walk/ran the last lap together. It was what I wanted and it made the race enjoyable.

It really fired me up about getting a jog stroller that we could use now. So I bought one on Sunday. A Bob, I had been looking at other strollers but secretly wanted a Bob. I just wasn't willing to pay over $200. It was like a mental block for me. BUT on Saturday after the race I found one on craigslist (my favorite website) and scheduled to look at it on Sunday. My wife had seen in the Baby Bargain book that fixed wheel Bobs were the intersection point on quality, functionality and price so that helped sway me to buy it. I wanted a Revolution, because they look cooler, but they were soooo expensive, even used ones, and we already have a stroller for non exercise applications, which helped me realize I just want something I can take the baby jogging in without worrying if her neck got broken or if she fell forward and her face is rubbing the front tire.

So I managed to pay $190 and can't wait for my wife or myself to use it. Hopefully together!!

1 comment:

  1. We have a date on Saturday morning with you, me, the baby, and Ladybird Lake. :)

    ReplyDelete