Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Ok, so I bet every blog in the world has been updated with something the writer is thankful for, but before I get started. I'll tell you about my week.

I sold the truck, it is done money deposited, truck keys handed over. I just hope the guy enjoys the truck as much as we did and that it doesn't break down or something terrible like that. However, with my luck you never know. During the completion of the sale of the truck I gave him the wrong title!! Apparently I placed the wrong title in the truck file in my filing cabinet. So he calls me and of course he lives in Burnet, which isn't close. Ugh!! plus to make it worse, according to the back of my title for the Impala he owns it! So on Monday I have to figure out how to fix that problem. Sunday or Monday I'm gonna try and meet the guy to give him the correct title.

My in-laws have let us borrow their truck, and now they are offering to give us a car free. And actually give it to us to the point where we can sell it and keep the proceeds. This is attractive because we could save up the 5k we got for the truck, plus the proceeds from the sale of the Rav-4 to pay for a potentially much newer car than what we originally intended to buy. I can't see why there is any reason to say, "no" other than my thoughts that I don't want them to think we're taking advantage of them if we decide to do something other than buy a much newer car. Plus today when I was chatting with my wife, the thought crossed my mind that it could be a way I come up with 10k to start the design process for my business plans. I don't know what to do!!!

BUT here's what I'm thankful for, and I hate sappiness so understand I'm not joking or trying to be sappy.

1. I am forgiven in Christ Jesus, and I can pray and ask for guidance and that I know no matter my decision, he's got a plan for me to be used by him in the spread of his gospel.
2. My wife. She is so patient and loves me unconditionally. I always envy how quickly my dogs will be scolded by me but yet desire my love, but I envy D'Lane's quick forgiveness. I feel inadequate when compared to her.
3. My daughter. She is more than I could have ever wanted. I told God I was pleased with his provision whatever it might turn out but now that she is here, I could have never asked for what he gave me.
4. My family. They are amazing and supportive. They care about me and my wife and our baby. What more could I ask for from them, yet they are willing to give me what they have up to all they can.

Not sappy... I'm not capable, because I like to pretend I am a robot.

1 comment: